The aim of this project:
To create and implement a BLUEPRINT that will both inspire and enhance the way criminal justice systems across the country respond to crimes of domestic abuse. The Blueprint for Safety is an interagency response to domestic violence. It is an evidence based model, developed by the St. Paul Police Department and the victim support services in St. Paul, Minnesota.
Haven Horizons is proposing that Co. Clare becomes the first International Blueprint for Safety Demonstration Site.
In a Blueprint Demonstration Site there is a strong partnership approach – criminal justice system agencies work positively and proactively with the community-based advocacy services to collectively reflect on and review their practices in a systematic way that provides positive feedback channels. This process allows agencies themselves to identify and address any gaps in their service provision which puts victims at risk or allows perpetrators to act with impunity.
The agencies solve the problems together ensuring that they:
- Investigate and document the scope, severity, risk and pattern of abuse and can communicate it from agency to agency in the CJS and in all court proceeding including applications for barring, safety orders and bail hearings.
- All agencies co-operate to build an evidence based case that reduces the onus on the victim in court
- The CJS holds perpetrators accountable for domestic violence, breaking orders and any attempt to intimidate the victim
- That victims are fully supported and informed at all stages of the process
Benefits of the Blueprint Model
- More women/children are kept in their own home
- Increased victim safety and perpetrator accountability
- Reduced level of domestic abuse incidents
- Reduced domestic abuse related homicides.
- Changes in individual behaviour and societal attitudes
- The Blueprint for Safety model uses the power of the Criminal Justice System to change societal attitudes
“I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across
the waters to create many ripples.”
Frequently Asked Questions
[ms_accordion style=”simple” type=”1″ class=”” id=””] [ms_accordion_item title=’How do you choose who to help?’ icon=” status=’close’]Our founder reads through the nominations each month and decides which person to help. The decision is approved by a small advisory group. We would love to be able to help as many people as possible and we hope our one act of kindness sparks a ripple effect that results in many more people being helped.[/ms_accordion_item] [ms_accordion_item title=’How do you know the people you help are genuine?’ icon=” status=’close’]Everyone is free to nominate or to help. Nominations can come from frontline professionals, such as social workers, health workers, teachers etc. We also accept nominations from the public – you are free to nominate. We are put in a place of trust and we do not take it lightly. We verify the information / nominations we receive as much as possible, via checks, documentation and references, to make sure our supporters can have confidence in offering help.[/ms_accordion_item] [ms_accordion_item title=’Who gets the Donations?’ icon=” status=’close’]100% of what you give to help someone will always go straight to that person. Our costs are covered by the generosity of others. We are currently looking for Corporate Champion Partners to cover administrative costs.[/ms_accordion_item]
[ms_accordion_item title=’When did Minute Change begin?’ icon=” status=’close’]Minute change was set up in 2016 by one of the founders of Clare Haven Services and Haven Horizons, when she saw how help and support at the right time could make lasting and meaningful changes to the lives of women and children.[/ms_accordion_item]
[ms_accordion_item title=’How can my company get involved as a Champion Partner?’ icon=” status=’close’]We can work with companies in a number of ways. We are always open to ideas, so feel free to get in touch[/ms_accordion_item]
[ms_accordion_item title=’How Can I Help?’ icon=” status=’close’]
If you would like to offer help or make a Meaningful Change send us an e-mail – email@example.com and let us pass it on if you have any more questions , please feel free to contact us – firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us and be part of sharing what we have.